Aside from work, friends and family, what do you really enjoy doing?
There’s several benefits to having a hobby. It’s a great way to relieve stress and create a sense of fulfillment outside of work.
If you’re searching for something new and interesting, take a look at this list of side projects and hobbies.
Different Types of Hobbies to Try
- Writing (poetry, short stories, journals)
- Pottery or ceramics
- Crafting (knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking)
- Calligraphy or hand lettering
- Music (playing an instrument, composing, singing)
- Local Sport Leagues (soccer, softball, basketball, tennis, etc.)
- Yoga or Pilates
- Hiking (Looking for a few recommendations? Check out our Travel posts)
- Dance (ballet, salsa, hip-hop)
- Martial arts
- Rock climbing
- Cycling or biking
- Power lifting
- Canoeing and Kayaking (Looking for a few recommendations? Check out our Travel posts)
- Backpacking (Searching for a cool spot? Check out our Travel posts)
- Geocaching aka treasure hunting using GPS
- Boating / Skiing / Wakeboarding (Looking for the best places to go? Check out our Travel posts)
- Astronomy (stargazing and observing celestial objects)
- Learning a new language
- Cooking or baking
- Home brewing or wine making
- DIY home improvement projects
- Puzzle-solving (crosswords, jigsaw puzzles, escape rooms)
- Video gaming
- Coding or programming
- Building and flying drones
- 3D printing
- Virtual reality experiences
- Joining a book club
- Volunteering for a cause you care about
- Board games or card games with friends or family
- Organizing or participating in meetups or social events
- Cooking or baking for friends and family gatherings
- Local events and festivals
- Collecting stamps, coins, or rare currency
- Antiquing or collecting vintage items
- Collecting action figures, toys, or memorabilia
- Art collecting
- Collecting rare books or first editions
There’s always something new to learn about and pursue.
Find what interests you and connect with others on social media or at meet ups! You can typically find local Facebook groups within various niches.
Looking for more?