The best kind of ice cream you can possibly get is in fact homemade ice cream. Did you make this growing up? Let’s bring back the summer tradition!
Top with fresh fruit or candy.
There are various methods to make ice cream, but here’s a simple recipe using an ice cream maker:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
How to Make Homemade Ice Cream Using an Ice Maker:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the heavy cream, whole milk, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir well until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl of an ice cream maker.
- Let it churn for about 30 minutes. The mixture should thicken and resemble a soft-serve consistency.
- At this point, you can enjoy the ice cream as a soft-serve treat, or you can transfer it to an airtight container for further freezing to achieve a firmer texture.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the ice cream to prevent ice crystals from forming.
- Seal the container with the lid and place it in the freezer for at least 4 hours or until the ice cream reaches your desired firmness.
- Once the ice cream has hardened, it’s ready to be served!
Get creative by adding various mix-ins like crushed cookies, chocolate chips, or fruit purees to customize your homemade ice cream flavors.
Looking for more?